Driving and Mobile Phones
Anyone who drives a vehicle has a special responsibility for the safety of themselves, their passengers, other road users and pedestrians. Digicel has developed a five-point plan to help drivers make an informed choice about when, where and how to use their cell phone in a responsible manner.
- ALWAYS use a hands-free device if you have to make or receive a call when driving
- ONLY ever make or receive a call when you are certain that it is entirely safe to do so. Pull into a side road if possible
- KEEP conversations short and easy – end calls immediately that become difficult, distracting or stressful
- NEVER send a text message while driving
- SET UP your voicemail so that it can take messages for you